Monday, August 5, 2013

Munchie Mondays: Banana Bread French Toast


  Two things I'm loving lately.....


French Toast.

and Banana Bread.

So that's when the idea came to me.

Why not combine them!!!!!!


      
Banana Bread French Toast

 
 
 
 
Ingredients

1 really ripe banana, well mashed
2/3 cup Non-dairy Milk (I used unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze)
1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1 Tbsp. Chia Seeds (I'm pretty sure this is optional)
2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup (plus extra for topping)
Mild tasting oil for the pan
4-5 slices of your favorite Whole Grain Bread


Step 1. Mash the banana....
Kind of almost looks like scrambled eggs!
 
 
 Step 2. Add Milk.

Step 3. After I added the Chia seeds it looked like poppy seed muffin batter.

 
Step 4. Everything is looking prepped and ready for dipping!!!
 
 Step 5. These ordinary pieces of bread are about to become extraordinary!!!!! Slices on your mark!
 
 Step 6. Get Set!!!!

Step 7. FRY!!!!!

 
 Step 8. ....uh...that didn't work... (the first one I didn't put enough oil in the pan)
 
 
Step 9. Trying again with more oil in the pan....let's see if that helps. (scroll down for end results..)
 
 
 

 


Directions
Combine banana, Non-dairy Milk, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Chia Seeds, and Maple Syrup in a small bowl. Pour enough oil on your skillet to lightly coat the entire bottom of the pan. You don't have to over do it but make sure you put enough, I didn't the first time and my bread stuck to the pan and fell apart. Dip the top of your bread into the banana mixture and then flip over and coat the other side. Place it on preheated skillet. Cook on Medium-Low heat for about 4-5 min. on each side. Tip: wait until you can easily scoot the bread around the pan before flipping, this prevents the bread from sticking and falling apart. Serve with maple syrup and butter (I use either Earth Balance or Smart Balance Light with Flaxseed).




YAY!!!! It worked!! Now I'm off to go eat this wonderful looking plate to see if it tastes as good as it looks.

.....20 minutes later.....

Ok I'm back.

They were yummy.

Feel free to tell me how you liked this recipe or how you tweaked it in the comment section below. I'd love to hear about your  kitchen endeavors!


 Happy Monday Everybody :-)
              TheIrishCupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment