Saturday, September 7, 2013

Banana Walnut Brownie Bread







I just got a nikon coolpix p100 camera the other day! I'm calling it an early high school graduation present from my parents, since that's what it kind of actually is. So I can take a few more pictures now that I have a camera of my own. The first thing I wanted to do when I got it was, of course...Take pictures! So I walked around my neighborhood and just took pictures as I went along.

 Now onto the recipe.

  I couldn't decide what I wanted to make, but I knew it had to be chocolate.
 Eventually, I decided to make a three-in-one recipe that combined all the flavors I was wanting in one bite.

The three recipes I decided to combine were...

Chocolate Pound Cake.

 Walnut Brownies.

and Banana Bread

  I wasn't really sure how it was going to turn out, but I gave it a try anyway. I assembled all the ingredients and into the oven went mystery and....voila!.... it became a purely decadent dessert!

The other awesome thing about this recipe is that it uses only one bowl, which really aids in the whole clean up process.

Banana Walnut Brownie Bread




Ingredients
3/4 cup Rolled Oats, Ground up into flour in blender, I used Trader Joe's Certified Gluten Free Oats
1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour
1/4 cup Tapioca Flour (Tapioca Starch is the same thing)
1/3 cup Cocoa Powder, I use Hershey's 100% Cocoa Powder
2 Tsp. Baking Powder, Rumford is non-gmo and also aluminium free
1/4 Tsp. Sea Salt
1 Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup Agave Nectar, Wholesome Sweeteners Brand is organic
6oz. (about 1/2 cup) of Yogurt, I used Silk Vanilla Soy Yogurt
3 Ripe Bananas, well mashed
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Non-Hydrogenated Margarine, Softened at room temperature, I used Earth Balance Original
1/2 cup Walnuts, Chopped
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan with either margarine or oil, and lightly dust with mild flavored flour of choice (I used Brown Rice Flour). Next in a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients listed up to the Earth Balance and mix very well. Batter will be slightly lumpy due to the bananas, but that's fine. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Spread batter into loaf pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool for 1 hour before removing it from the pan or slicing.


















My Flour Palate! See the difference in color and texture?

Upper Left: Freshly Ground Brown Rice Flour
Upper Right: Freshly Ground Gluten Free Oat Flour
Bottom: Tapioca Starch, with a few accidental specks of Oat Flour, my bad..



The batter turned out pretty thick and it smelled pretty strongly of cocoa powder and bananas, which is an ok smell, but once it was baked it smelled a lot like Brownie Bread, which was even better. Once it cooled, I sliced a piece and put a little Earth Balance spread on it and let's just say you've got to try it! I bet it would even be good with a dollop of Ice Cream. Especially Mint Chip.......just saying.



I am also experimenting with some photo editing software that you can use to enhance your pictures as well.

First I experimented with adding color to pictures to make them more vivid.

Like this one..



Then I figured out how to turn pictures you've taken from Color to Black and White!


That was a pretty neat discovery.

.Then I was reading online about how you can make your subjects isolated on a black back round.
So I set out to try it.
Before:



 After: Pretty cool huh?















Well, thanks guys for looking at my pictures and listening to me babble on about them. I promise I won't do that on every post, but I certainly hoped you enjoyed them. I also hope the recipe was too your liking as well. Always feel free to post your feedback or questions in the comments section below, I love to hear from you.  Happy Saturday!

TheIrishCupcake



2 comments:

  1. That bread looks delicious! You are so creative in your baking. I'll have to try it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! The black and white kitty picture is so cool!

    ReplyDelete